Only our name is shabby ... your project need not be!

Monday, March 22, 2010

"Follow Me" launch party WINNERS!

I must say that this has been one of the most fun, exciting and rewarding weeks for me by far in a long time! The response to this little, shabby challenge blog of mine has been overwhelming ... in a GOOD WAY! In just one week and as I'm writing this post we have 157 followers of the site and over 3,000 visits here too - WOW!!!

I must give out some thanks to people, who without their support, this would not have turned out so successful and so much fun for all who participate!
  • First, thanks to all my stampy friends for their love and support! Without all of you, this would never have come to be.
  • Thanks to my good friend, Cathy Kernodle, who inspired me during the summer of 2009 to create this wonderful site. Little did she know when she let me borrow her treasured pile of Tea Time Magazines in preparation for a Tea party we jointly hosted for some very close and dear friends, that it would have been the spring board for the theme of this blog! I've always adored tea parties, vintage items, the shabby chic look, glitter and pink, so The Shabby Tea Room was just a natural design choice! I live in a pink Victoran inspired home and collect antiques, dolls and teddy bears ... I'll just never grow up!
  • Thanks to the design team at The Cutest Blog On The Block for working so closely with me in the weeks leading up to the launch of this challenge blog. They worked ever so dilligently, took everything that I gave them as far as inspiration and design and incorporated it into the custom, one-of-a-kind banner, badges and blinkie you see here! I couldn't be more happy with the way all the web elements turned out.
  • Thank you to all those that left such sweet comments and sent me the most wonderful e-mails during this past week. You all touched my heart in such a special way -- this blog has been my 'baby' since it first was just a thought nearly nine months ago. I appreciate all your support more than words can say ... YOU are why I am doing this!
  • Thank you to my wonderful Design Team sisters ... they are a fabulous group of very talented women; supportive and kind. I couldn't have picked a better group of gals!
  • A special thank you to Jill Hilliard, DT member, for her constant technical support to me in launching this blog. She saved me countless times offering her assistance, guidance, technical support, suggestions and ideas. I learned so much these past several weeks - never thought I could edit HTML codes and create feeds ... but I'm learning thanks to such a supportive network of friends around me.
  • And thanks to all of you bloggers out there ... I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy visiting your sites each and every day. Such talent - such inspiration! I kept a notebook for months and would write down bits and pieces I'd see here and there so I could remember to incorporate the special things I found along with way into the new challenge blog so that everyone could enjoy. Your creativity is such an inspiration ... for us ALL!

Okay, enough of the gushing ... grab a tissue and let's announce the WINNERS of the "Follow Me" Launch Party:

1. Brenda Brown

2. Diane Jaquay

3. Patty Ann O'Malley

Congratulations! Ladies, please contact me via e-mail (on sidebar) to claim your prize!

Thank you to ALL who are following and playing along with the challenges. Here's to much, much more fun to come!

2 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Congratulations, ladies!!

Patty O'Malley said...

Hi Debbie! I'm so excited to have been chosen a Launch Party winner; however, when I clicked on your e-mail, it said client not properly installed. How do I contact you? My e-mail is pattyannomalley@comcast.net
Thanks for choosing me!!